Ohio Gun Collectors Association in Cleveland



The Ohio Gun Collectors Association (OGCA) held their only meeting in the northern part of the state at the I-X Center in Cleveland.


A empty cave
Sunday morning.  Empty.  Empty, and I must say it again, an empty cave.

It used to meet there all the time, but then Cleveland annexed the Cleveland Airport and the I-X Center, and that was the end of the gun shows in Cleveland proper.  I guess the mayor wasn’t interested in the taxes and revenue collected.  OGCA has found a new home and even though politics have changed in Cleveland, OGCA isn’t anxious in coming back.

It’s been a year since the last northern meeting, but attendance was down.  So were sales.  I thought the gun prices were high.  I saw a CZ-52, with two magazines and a cloth holster, and the seller wanted $425.  Maybe the price tag was misplaced, maybe it was a ploy to start a conversation, maybe he was just nuts.

I have an interest in collecting the Colt 1903/08 hammerless pocket pistol.  Like all Colts they have become very collectable.  I saw several, badly pitted, scratched and with high serial numbers asking stupid money prices.  Even the modern pistols were above store prices.

I did see one very interesting modification for your AR.  Outdoor Specialties (http://www.odspec.com) has a hinge for your AR.   

AR modification
AR modification.  Makes your AR have a folding stock.
The device doesn’t change the length of the rifle, but allows the rear stock to fold against the rifle’s body.  It sits between the lower and the butt stock.  It’s heavy duty and well made and locks closed in a heartbeat.  

One of the features I found interesting is that it doesn’t allow your gun to fire when the it’s folded.  Why?  Beats me, but it’s a nice feature to reduce the size of the gun for transport or storage.  I'm sure you could come up with a few more advantages.

If you’re interested, contact Outdoor Specialties.  They have a lot of interesting products and equipment you many need.



Comments