Benchmade Blues


I really like Benchmade Knives, but as they say “to err is human…”

I think their HK Scorch is great (catalog 14975).  It’s one of the dual mode knives people are talking about.  I wrote about it here.


I recently got one that opens itself.  It’s self-activating.

While this is a great thing with people, it’s a terrible thing with guns and knives.  I kept noticing the Scorch always seem partially opened when I had it on display.  I thought someone had examined it and left it in that condition.  What a surprise it was when I closed it and watched it pop open.  It’s going back.

self-opening
Benchmade's HK Scorch


I contacted Benchmade and they claim there is no general recall on the Scorch.  It was forcefully pointed out to me by the young lady I was talking to, that since it’s made in American, it can be repaired in the great state of Oregon.  I would suggest you deal with an “authorized Benchmade dealer”  Just fill out the paperwork on the Benchmade website and get it done.

Nobody wants a self-activating knife in their pocket!

Comments