Holsters

Holster for Glock and light
Glock and Ricky's Holster


I recently had a holster custom made by Ricky’s Holsters for my Glock 17 with a Streamlight TLR-1s gunlight.  You can see some of his work and keep up with him at:                          https://www.facebook.com/Rickysholsters/

I wanted a basic, boring, black, strong-side holster that would accommodate my Glock and gunlight.  I have over the years discovered I prefer a larger gun with light in the winter’s dark months.  I’m usually in an insulated vest, long coats and gloves, so the larger gun works better.  Toss in reduced hours of daylight and typical cloudy Ohio days and the light becomes an important tool.

Ricky did a nice job with an OWB holster.  The light was the difficult part as Streamlight has changed minor components on the light, but when molding form fitting kydex holsters those changes are significant.  Ricky got them all ironed out for me.

Ricky's holsters
Yeah, it's big, but with gloves and heavy coat this really works for me.

I prefer an IWB (in-the-waistband) holster, but the added bulk of the light and my request for an FBI cant made an IWB holster impossibly large to wear.

It took a few practice draws to feel comfortable removing the gun and light and just a couple more to feel confident with re-holstering.  But Ricky is a shooter and uses his experience to fabricate a great holster.

Don’t let the “tactical black” syndrome turn you off.  Ricky works with a variety of kydex colors, patterns and thickness.

I can move the belt loops down to raise the holster or replace them for a wider belt.

I also use this holster for matches both concealed and open.  (Play as you carry.) It’s as comfortable as any other holster for a Glock 17.  I had no trouble drawing from concealment under the clock.


If you’re looking for a holster, plain Jane or sassy Sara, contact Ricky and see what he can do for you.

Comments

  1. IWB holster are comfortable and good carrier for glock pistols. It hides your weapon and keep it safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment